Monday 11 October 2010

When Did I Become Invisible?

I was once a highly visible member of the male species. I might even go as far as to describe myself as a 'Bit of a ladies man.' I then had the misfortune of reaching forty-five years of age. That was just over six years ago, and during those one hundred and forty-four months or so I have gradualy become invisible to the female of the species. I did not give up my visibility without a fight. I tried going to the gym in a vain attempt to fight off the inevitable decline in body shape. I then spent large amounts of cash on a sports car which I had great difficulty getting in and out of. I bought the ultimate in high powered motorcycles but found that all the other men riding high powered motorcycles were as old, or older than I was. When we all met up at a local cafe it looked more like a pensioners outing than a group of dangerous bikers.
Well I am now fifty-one years old and totally invisible. I wonder how many years it will take me to come to terms with this dreadful fact?

        The Invisible Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.